Friday, October 4, 2013

Jeløya October 3rd. Fujifilm X-Pro1 and Canon 7D - hand in hand...

Here's a few shots from yesterday, taken once again at Jeløya, outside Moss in Norway. The bird and the shots of the deer is taken with my Canon 7D and the 70-200 f/2.8 IS MK2 and the pictures of my wife is taken with the X-Pro1 with the XF35mm 1.4. There's no way I could have captured the deer and bird with the X-pro1.

I still have use for my canon for wild life shots, and even the 70-200 didn't bring me close enough so I had to crop those a bit. Which again shows the limitation of the Canon 7D sensor - noise! As soon as I start to push the ISO above 800  (even 400 really), there's visible noise, and a not very pleasent one either. It was dark and cloudy yesterday, so I had to push the ISO up to 1600 the get a fast shutter speed for the moving deer and bird, but then suddenly the sun appeared briefly and I could have lowered the ISO, but I didn't have time to do so.  The autofocus on the Canon 7D makes me keep it anyway.

Canon 7D + 70-200 f/2.8 IS Mk2

Canon 7D + 70-200 f/2.8 IS Mk2

Canon 7D + 70-200 f/2.8 IS Mk2

Fujifilm X-Pro1 + XF 35mm f/1.4 @ f/2.0, ISO 800

Fujifilm X-Pro1 + XF 35mm f/1.4 @ f/2.8, ISO 800
I never worry about pushing the ISO on the Fujfilm above 800, 1600 or even 3200. Yesterday I shot at ISO 800, which on the above pictures gave me a much faster shutter speed than needed. But, the light was changing all the time, and also when I used smaller apertures I didn't bother changing the ISO. So, that's a nice thing with the Fuji. Just set your ISO as high as you need for your smallest aperture, leave it there, and never worry about any noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.