Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fuji X-Pro1 with XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4

Just some shots from this morning. From my homeplace in Vestby, Norway. I have several cameras, Canon 7D and Canon 600D with different zoom and wide angle lenses. But today I ended up using only my Fuji X-Pro1 with the XF18-55mm lens. All were shot in RAW and developed in Lightroom 5 with VSCO 4 film pack. I used the Velvia film preset with some slight adjustments.


This road leads down to the train station, so this young fellow was probably trying to catch the train I guess. I was looking the opposite direction and saw him coming towards me. Knowing the limitations of my Fuji X-Pro1's autofocus, I quickly turned around 180 degrees, set the aperture at f/11 (I was in aperture priority and ISO 400) to get a good depth of field, and prefocused some meters in front of me and as the guy passed me I pressed the shutter button at the right moment.







I don't shoot in JPEG + RAW anymore. Now with the VSCO Film pack 04 I feel confident in shooting just RAW. The above shots are underexposed compared to the X-Pro1's metering system to get the feeling I had this morning. The light was beautiful, with some fog too. Except for the first one, I shot these pictures at ISO 400, and in manual mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.